Friday, October 31, 2008

charette 2

Photobucket
I am still unsure of how I would state a concept for this project. I have lots of ideas in my head as well as down on paper. Since I am designing a retail space that is all about the "modern eco baby" much of my inspriation has come from the products themselves. Whether it be inspired from the form of a toy, textures of clothing, colors, or materiality (sustainability) I have found that there is so much right here to work with. I have made lots of lists that describe, explain, and question. I am a list maker- so this helps my thought process. Here are some of my lists from my sketchbook:

BRAINSTORMING > CONCEPT                    This Space should be about:                     
grow                                                       "being a kid"
sprout                                                     "newness"
hatch                                                      "wonder"
cocoon                                                    "excitement"
nest                                                        "whimsy"
bud                
blossom
bloom
seed
hatch

Needs of the Space:
cahs wrap
display units 
-midfloor units
shelving
seating
window diplay
back room 
-stock
-office

What will be sold?

clothing
-organic
-handmade
-locally made
-nontoxic fibers/dyes
-modern

toys
-handmade
-wooden
-non toxic
-sustainble (well made)
-educational
-locally made (us>nc>gboro)

products
-diaper bags
-slings
-mom stuff
-organic toiletries

Why would one WANT to be in this space?
*REGUARDLESS of what is sold-so that it is such a well designed
space that people will just WANT to be here...

comfort
intriguing (both to parent + child)
true ( not just a "green" hoax..truely sustainable)
simple
delightful
reliable
consistant
COOL
assurance ( bc of trust in products offered)


The User should FEEL LIKE THIS:
nestled
snuggled
happy
tickled
enlightened
excited

The Space should be:

fresh
clean
simple
bright

So basically I think as of now my concept is boiling down in two different directions:
1.) nest  2.) seed

(more to come)



1 comment:

Jami Southern said...

I'm a list maker too....so I get it. mine are not quite as organized and categorized as yours. I might need to try to follow that format a bit.
I think all your ideas sound great....and they all seem to be connected.
I think that with these words you will be sure to find a direction over the weekend.