Monday, October 27, 2008

case study three | precedents and the like |

#1 Modern Tots
Brooklyn, NY
moderntots.com






My first precedence study is from a store I found online called Modern Tots but they also have a retail shop in New York. I chose this as an example because they offer the products that I will be selling in my retail store. The space itself is very modern and minimalist. I enjoy these elements yet this is not exactly what I will be trying to produce in my space. I understand that they might be trying to keep the space as a blank canvas to allow all the colors and textures to come from the products themselves, however for the space that I will be designing I want this to be more about using the materials, lighting, and even products to make the idea behind the merchandise (sustainability) to be made an exciting and appealing issue to both the customers and their children.

No comments: