Wednesday, September 10, 2008

DECONSTRUCTIVISM DISCOVERED

After seeking the advice of one of my professors, (someone who nothing about my project) Robert, I learned about an architectural movement of the 1980's known as Deconstructivism. Fragmentation, Unpredictable, Manipulation, Asymetric, Geometrically Unbalanced, Raw, Dissolve, Dismanteled, Expose: these are all terms that represent this movement.







This seemed to be a much more positive direction to take my concept since I had still felt unsatisfied with the overall negative connotations that I, myself, was associating with "modern ruins". I drew alot of inspiration from the forms and knew that it would be fun and a big learning experience studying these designers. But next I faced the dilema of connecting the conceptto the product...



Sketches of my deconstructivism exploration.

No comments: